Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's gettin' warmer...

Yippee!! I am so ready for warmer weather.

I always think of my growin' up years and one of my Mama's "Rules of Wisdom" when the dreary clouds of winter begin to be blown away by Spring's warming winds. It was about this time of year that my siblings and I figured it was high time to be able to go barefoot. Unfortunately, Mama had her rules...and this one was soooo hard on us!! It seems that, no matter what the temperature, it isn't warm enough to go barefoot until May 1st. Apparently, that's "the day" when the ground has finally warmed enough and is ready to make connection with the bare skin of the human foot. So, we had to wait until that day of miracles arrived to remove our shoes and be truly free. Ahhh, the feel of the new green grass on tender feet is indescribable.

Oh well, it's warm out today and I was thinkin' about takin' off my shoes and that made me think of Mama and her "rule" and I just thought I'd share. Gotta get back into the paintin' room...gonna paint some old windows.

Oh yeah...I still have my shoes on...after all, it's isn't May 1st and I wouldn't dream of breaking one of Mama's rules.

2 comments :

  1. that's a cute story Judy!! Isn't May 1st also the day that you can start wearing white or is that earlier...lol!!! Can never remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved coming in and seeing Granny barefoot and fixin' Sunday dinner! Sure miss those Sundays.... Well, miss all the times we'd come in and Granny would be barefoot and cookin'. Great memories! Love you....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you.
Judy