Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Marketplace

It's that time again and I have another wonderful artist from Old Farmhouse Gathering to feature. She is a sweet gal and I know you want to get to know her, too, so please read the interview...it's great.

Here is a glimpse of her etsy shop...be sure and go to etsy to see all her wonderful creations and while you're there type OFG in the search bar and enjoy all the talent that is Old Farmhouse Gathering.



1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you
choose that name?
My shop name is Willowtree Treasures. As a child I had
a willowtree that was located in our back lawn. Every
time the branches would float in the wind it seemed so
magical to me. I thought some day ...if I looked hard enough...
I may find treasures nestled beneath the moving of these branches.


2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I have been on Etsy for a little over a year.


3. What type of items do you offer?
I offer items that range from extreme primitive to primitive
with a touch of vintage appeal. I create dolls, doll lamps,
pincushions, doll pins, hang tags, door greeters, shelf sitters
and much more to aid in home decoration.


4. How long have you been crafting?
I have been creating for about 10 years. I started with
primitive jar lamps surrounded by a layer of moss and silicone
bulbs as the lighting source. When I began to sew I then began
adding the half dolls to my lamp creations. I then graduated to
full dolls, ornies and doll pins. My business branched out from
there.


5. Who or What inspires you?
Life in general inspires me . The life stories people have
to share of their triumphs and disappointments I also find as
inspirational!


6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
My favorite item in my shop is Annie and the Clairabelle cow.
I found the construction of this set to be very challenging and
did a lot of techniques for the first time! This project I truly
had a hard time putting down until is was completed because of
my interest in seeing the final product when it was finished!


7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)

Blog:
http://www.willowtreetreasures.blogspot.com

Olde Primitive Sister's Marketplace:
http://www.oldprimitivesisters.com/shops/

FuzzB:
http://fuzzb.com/profile.php?profile=102660

Artfire:
http://artfire.com/users/Willowtree Treasures


also twitter and facebook


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

  1. This is such a sweet post! I can't thank you enough for featuring my shop! That is so kind of you! Awesome job from one OFG member to another! HUGS...Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring my shop! You have done an awesome job and I truly do appreciate it! Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you.
Judy