Monday, October 17, 2011

I have been spinning my wheels!!

I have gourds all lined up waiting to be Santa's and snowmen.  Cypress knees are waiting patiently in the corner...well, most of the them...three are Santa's that need to be finished and they are starting to snarl a little!  I'm not even going to start on all the other things filling the room that are waiting to feel the flick of a paintbrush.

But...I did get another custom order finished and that's the real reason for this post.  I want to share a picture.

This is a fireplace screen made from a 30" X 36" piece of 5/8ths in. thick plywood...the technical term for this is "heavier than all get out!!"  I have to admit that I am really happy with the way it turned out and the customer loves it.  So, all that wrestlin' around to get it finished was worth it.  I will definately be painting this design again.


Thanks for taking a peek...I'll be back soon.


Judy


9 comments :

  1. Beautiful work!!! I love this piece.

    Okay - now that you finished your custom piece, you better get cracking on those Santas. If you don't finish them, you might just get coal in your stocking!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love it! I've been trying to get hubby to make me one of those.
    xoxo~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, that's beautiful. I can see why your customer loves it. They are heavy buggers when they are that size!
    Beautiful job.
    Warm Regards,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite lovely, Judy! I understand the 'heavy'! They can be very hard to manage at that size! Great job!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful!! Hope you get some paint flickin' time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I love it! I think I have the same piece of wood wainting to be painted. Just love that scene!
    Enjoy your day,
    Bar

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! You did a great job painting it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, I appreciate it!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanted to come by and say hello and to wish you a very Happy New Year
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you.
Judy