Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Where to start?

I just saw that my last post was on October 1, 2013.  I am not going to go into all that has happened since then, at least, not right now.  I will just tell you that on Oct. 3, I tripped and fell, knee first onto concrete.  I shattered the lower half of my kneecap and, in the words of the orthopedic surgeon, messed up everything that could be messed up under the kneecap.  I am still recuperating...it is going to be a few more months.  But, I am doing good.  
 I have wanted to post before now but I can't sit in a chair with my feet on the floor for long periods of time.  
 Tonight was one of those nights that I just couldn't stay in bed.  We are apparently passing the "crud" around our house and it is my turn to have it.  I couldn't breathe lying down so I decided tonight was the night to visit with old friends.  
 I'm sure lot's of you have had a winter like ours...cold, cold, cold.  Right now we have sleet, ice and snow.  I have never been the most graceful being and I didn't do good maneuvering on ice before the knee incident.  So there is no way this ole' gal is getting out on it, now.  One slip is all it would take to set me back weeks!!  This winter I think we have had more snow than we have gotten in the past 5 years combined.  The temp has been as low as 10 degrees this week.  But, this is SE Missouri...in a few days we are supposed to be in mid-50's.  That is the average temp for us this time of year, so I am really hoping it stays.
Well, the old knee is telling me it is ready to straighten out.  So, I will go now.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please leave a comment and let me know how things are going for you.
Judy   

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you.
Judy